Deck the halls, and every single room in your house, with our ultimate Christmas decorating guide.
Christmas home decor doesn’t have to be expensive or time-intensive to make a big impact. From Christmas trees to outdoor decorations and more, our Christmas decoration ideas include clever tricks and tips to spread plenty of cheer this season.
1. While some rooms need Christmas staples like trees and stockings, other areas, like hallways call for a little more creativity. But if there’s one piece that works all over, it’s a string of fresh greenery. Even a single sprig of fresh pine will add a seasonal look and smell to any room.
2. Pops of red always work during the festive season and a simple pitcher full of wintertime berries will add a little holiday spirit to any space.
3. A petite Christmas tree covered in red ribbons and pinecones makes for a simple but merry welcome in any hallway.
4. While wreaths are the go-to decoration for front doors and mantels, they’re also the perfect piece to hang over windows, mirrors, and even framed artwork.
5. Add vintage charm to a Christmas tree with slices of dried citrus fruit or why not decorate lids from jars and hang them on your tree.
6. Use your wrapped presents to brighten up a forgotten corner of the room.
7. Wood slices add a woodland touch and log slices make ideal chargers or makeshift cake stands. Pine cones also make lovely decorations and can be sprayed with a metallic paint for a more glamorous look.
8. Use Christmas cards to add a touch of festive colour to your stair bannister or mantelpiece.
9. Large red velvet or plaid bows tied to door handles or the backs of chairs will add an instant splash of festive colour.
10. Poinsettia plants can be bought very cheaply from your local market or supermarket and will make a lovely centrepiece for your dining table or add an instant splash of colour to your mantlepiece.