Disclaimer | Privacy & Cookies Policy
Handshake copy

What is Help to Buy?
Help to Buy is a Government-backed scheme to help buyers secure a mortgage on a new build home. It means that homebuyers can own a home with only a 5% deposit and gain funding up to 20% of the purchase price. Remember, that this initiative is available to all buyers, not just first time buyers.

How does Help to Buy work?
With Help to Buy you’ll receive an equity loan from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) to help you secure a mortgage. The scheme has been designed to assist those who would be able to sustain a mortgage, but who cannot currently acquire one due to large deposit requirements.

Help to Buy offers up to a maximum of 20% of the purchase price through an equity loan funded by the Government. The remaining 80% is then made through 5% deposit contribution and a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.

The equity loan is available on new build properties up to a maximum value of £600,000 in England.

For further information about Help to Buy, please speak to one of our Sales Advisors who can assist you with more information.
(Terms and Conditions apply please ask for full details.)

Alternatively visit the Help to Buy website by clicking here>

Here are a couple of videos which explain about repaying the Help to Buy Equity Loan and how to work out interest fee payments from year 6.