Summertime Checklist For Your Home and Garden…
As the days become longer and sunnier we all start to think about spending more time in our gardens and want the outside of our homes to look pristine. We’ve put together a summertime checklist to help you get your home and garden summer ready.
1. Clean and check all your outside light fittings are in good working order. Replace light bulbs for energy efficient ones to help reduce your energy bill or if you need new lights invest in solar ones.
2. Restore outside paintwork. Bring a new lease of life to woodwork and render by touching up outside paintwork.
3. Clean your patio. A pressure washer is a great tool for this.
4. Clear leaves and debris from your guttering and drains to ensure those summer showers run away with ease.
5. Prune bushes and hedges. Weed borders and plant some bedding plants.This will instantly tidy the garden and add some colour.
You could also invest in some hanging baskets and potted plants too. There’s nothing better to brighten up your outside space.
6. Pull your BBQ out and give it a thorough clean. Make sure you have gas, if it’s a gas one, or charcoal so that you don’t get caught out when you decide you want to use it.
7. Check all outside furniture and if required give it a coat of oil or paint to restore the look. You could also invest in some new cushions to brighten it up.
8. Wash down your conservatory if you have one, and all window sills and doors should be cleaned to ensure they shine when the sun is out.
9. Windows can look pretty bad in sunlight if you don’t keep them sparkling clean. Be sure to clean them regularly during the summer months.